Youtube error "Your browser can't play this video"

Does anyone else have YouTube and Invidious working? That may at least demonstrate that the issue is on my side.

I could probably get by for the moment with youtube-dl and mpv.

Both YouTube (non-Premium, not logged in) and Invidious work on my machine. Does Invidious not work for you? 0_o

Same, both function for me!

Nope, Invidious does not work for me either. So perhaps itā€™s an issue with the Void musl build. Or something odd with my system, Iā€™ve been having some odd configuration issues lately in other applications so thatā€™s also a possibility.

Iā€™ll try to figure out how to build this manually and see whether that fixes anything.

I might have been unclear in my reply earlier, so, just to proof-check: did you install all the four GStreamer plugins: base, good, bad, and ugly?

Progress! I thought Iā€™d installed good, but I seem to have missed it. YouTube works now. Invidious still complains about ā€œno compatible source found for this mediaā€.

Most Invidious problems are usually solved by using a different instance :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™ll try that thanks. Nyxt is the coolest thing ever incidentally, thanks for making it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I finally got Invidious to work! I was reading the manual again and noticed when it mentioned the gst packages there was one which I hadnā€™t heard of before: gst-libav. I installed it and Invidious now works! Itā€™s a touch ugly but I can totally live with that. :smiley:

Incidentally, shouldnā€™t the Void package have pulled all the gst packages as dependencies?

No, gst plugins are optional because one may happily use the browser without them :man_shrugging: They take more space when bundled unconditionally, too.

Oh, that makes sense.