[Survey] Does Nyxt's History Work for You?

Hi fellow Nyxt hackers!

I’m currently doing a research on browser history mechanisms and looking at how GHT (Global History Tree), Nyxt’s history mechanism, is working in contrast with other ones. However, my own perspective is not enough in this regard, because I’m both biased (as one of Nyxt developers) and statistically insignificant (as a single person).

That’s why I need your input on how Nyxt’s history feels! Please answer a series of simple questions (most being just rating things on a 5-scale), and you’ll help me a lot :smiley:

Neither your forum nickname nor any other personal data won’t end up in the article I’m writing, all the data will be anonymized and turned into soul-less numbers and graphs :wink:

For how long do you use Nyxt?
  • Less than a month.
  • 1-3 months.
  • 4-6 months.
  • 7-11 months.
  • More than a year.

0 voters

Have you used history-tree and buffer-history-tree commands?
  • Yes.
  • No.

0 voters

How intuitive does Nyxt’s history buffers look? To what extent do they match how you imagine your Internet activity? (1 – “It’s totally intuitive”, 5 – “It doesn’t make any sense”)

0 voters

How intuitive (matching with how you imagine your browsing) is conventional (think Firefox’s) history in this regard? (1 – “It’s totally intuitive”, 5 – “It doesn’t make any sense”)

0 voters

How confusing is GHT (Global History Tree, Nyxt’s history mechanism)? (1 – “It always does what I expect it to do”, 5 – “It always confuses me”)

0 voters

How much do you personally like GHT? (1 – “I hate it”, 5 – “I love it!”)

0 voters

Thank you!