Hide the buffer complete for a specific url?

Hi guys.

Just getting back to digging into Nyxt a bit more. I have been using it as a daily driver for my interface to my ticket tracker (https://bestpractical.com). Nyxt let's me scoot around an information dense interface with ease without leaving the keyboard, makes using a ticket tracker a treat.

I wanted to ask a question about the buffer on the bottom. I just watched this video and the magic that it can do: Nyxt browser: the-prompt-buffer.org. All of that is amazing and I need to spend more time digging into that.

However, I have question about the inverse of that video: Is it possible to actually hide the buffer when at a certain URL and only bring it up with a specific key stroke? For my ticket tracker, Nyxt works so well that whenever I press CTRL + j to jump to a link, the buffer pops up and attempts to help me. For the ticketing system URL I don't need any buffer alien magic because the shortcut magic is all the pixie dust necessary to make that a magical experience. Just wondering if there is an easy config that I can setup to get a plain browser window with no ui widgets and manually bring up the buffer when I need some of that alien magic?

As a side point, the entire team should be proud of innovating something that I did not believe could be innovated: the URL bar. Watching the demo in that video opened my eyes to a whole new way of thinking about what a browser could be and should be.

Amazing.

@holycow Thank you for the kind words.

It is possible to reduce the prompt buffer to the input area, see toggle-suggestions-display (bound to Alt-Shift-<up-arrow> by default).

In your specific context, I believe you're looking for alternative UI for hint-mode (see hinting-type). Try to add the snippet below to your configuration.

(define-configuration nyxt/mode/hint:hint-mode
  ((nyxt/mode/hint:hinting-type :vi)))

Let me know if this is what you're looking for.