A quick thank you to Jmercouris and team

Hi guys.

Just dropping in to say thank you to Jmercouris, his team and all the devs, contributors and testers.

I simply don’t have the time to drop byand help much, but watching how far you guys have brought this piece of art is amazing. Everything looks, great, everything works great and I can browse information rich web based interfaces like ticket trackers with a keyboard with ease now. Although I have to give a quick nod to Conkeror for being a daily driver until that project ended, the goal was always to see what I can do to help something like be built on top of common lisp.

And here we are. Nyxt 1.x was an intermittent driver, Nyxt 2.x became my main browser for my ticket tracker and it looks like Nyxt 3.x might become my default webmail client. Little by little, you guys are making this browser absolutely amazing and there are fewer and fewer edge cases preventing integration into workflow.

When I first started to get serious about Nyxt and tried to swap out Firefox for Nyxt, I was surprised how many features were workflow integration blockers. A browser is no simple piece of software, it is complex and peoples workflows have started to depend on browser feature more and more.

Nyxt 1.x was a giant milestone, just getting a project off of the ground is hard enough, getting something useable and shipped is quite another. Nyxt 2.x was proof of perseverence in the rather endless stream of bullshit criticism on reddit and Ycomb forums about nonsense complaints. Nyxt 3.x is a HUGE LEAP over all of the naysayers. To stick around, to keep the project going and to keep shipping is a tremendous accomplishment. My hats off to all of you, everyone should be proud of what you have shipped with this majour release.

Hopefully I can start blocking off time to jump in and help because this piece of software is truly worth it.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Thank you so much, you have no idea how much this means to us. We are happy to have contributed something that you find so useful. This is only the tip of the iceberg though, we have so much more in mind :slight_smile:

1 Like