[Poll] Help us choose the best new buffer page for Nyxt!

Hi everyone!

We’ve had a quite a fight for new start page design in Redesign start page for clarity and completeness. by aartaka · Pull Request #2151 · atlas-engineer/nyxt · GitHub. It seems that our team is quite polarized in terms of interface design :stuck_out_tongue:

Given that we don’t want to opress each other and fight until eternity, we want y’all to help us choose the most suitable start page design for Nyxt. After all, we develop Nyxt for the community to enjoy and to build thing on top of :slight_smile: The options for the start page design are:

Centered “Google-ish” design

Column-based design

Don’t mind the broken characters below the logo, it’s just some WebKit bug :stuck_out_tongue:

Which one do you like best? Note that those are not perfect, but improving those is a matter of a different set of pull requests that you can participate in too :slight_smile:

• Centered design
  • Column-based design

0 voters

1 Like

Incoming hostile :fork_and_knife:!

Just kidding. I just use a blank page so I don’t really care either way.

Hello everyone. 1st post, so I hope it’s on topic. But I work on UX, so I can’t stop myself on this one. :sweat_smile:

Both are very much Nyxt centered, which in understandable since it is a young project.

But, I hope it doesn’t makes noise, can we make it more useful for the person that will use it? Maybe direct access to other last or frequent things (not only websites), updates between last session and now (with RSS?), or something like that?

Just an idea with the hope that helps move forward the conversation. :pray:t4: :slight_smile:

Best regards…

1 Like

Yes, sounds useful indeed!

Would you be willing to sketch out your vision? We are by no means done with the design! We are always seeking improvement :slight_smile:

This reminds me of the nyxt:dashboard page that highlights the bookmarks of the current profile and the history file.
I actually set the dashboard as my new buffer default page in Nyxt!

I don’t care much about the current time displayed at the top of the page, nor the Restore session, Execute command and Update buttons, and I think it would be pretty neat to have the Source code, Nyxt academy, …, Forum and Chat buttons instead.

Actually, I’m thinking about a combo of the current centered design + the bookmarks and maybe the history.

I like the first one, to bad I can’t vote any more. but if it counts def 1st one. but please NO WHITE! :smiley: :smiley:

But 3.0 will have theming…