nyxt execute location

Hi NYXT developers @Atlas,
I just downloaded the nyxt-3.0.0.tar.xz and after I moved this file to ~/Documents/NYXT.Browser.Manual/ I extracted the file with tar -xf then executed the file with ./usr/local/bin/nyxt then received this message:

(process:3108): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:24:38.535: Locale not supported by C library.
Using the fallback ‘C’ locale.
Nyxt version 3.0.0
[08:24:38] Source location: #P"/gnu/store/5aywh6cqs93915rq39zc5kd45ywx5fgy-nyxt-3.0.0-58-ge12cc3a81/share/nyxt/"
[08:24:38] Listening to socket: #P"/run/user/1000/nyxt/nyxt.socket"
bwrap: No permissions to creating new namespace, likely because the kernel does not allow non-privileged user namespaces. On e.g. debian this can be enabled with ‘sysctl kernel.unprivileged_userns_clone=1’

Thank you for your interest!

Indeed, you will need to run the command:

sysctl kernel.unprivileged_userns_clone=1

alternatively, you can try the flat pak :slight_smile:

Is this the command that is used on Guix?

@drs53, I don't understand your question. Could you reformulate?

Notice that the error message that you've posted hinted at how you could have fixed it :slight_smile:

I use Gnu Guix. I downloaded the nyxt-3.0.0.tar.xz and after I moved this file to ~/Documents/NYXT.Browser.Manual/ I extracted the file with tar -xf then executed the file with ./usr/local/bin/nyxt then received this message:

(process:3108): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:24:38.535: Locale not supported by C library.
Using the fallback ‘C’ locale.
Nyxt version 3.0.0
[08:24:38] Source location: #P"/gnu/store/5aywh6cqs93915rq39zc5kd45ywx5fgy-nyxt-3.0.0-58-ge12cc3a81/share/nyxt/"
[08:24:38] Listening to socket: #P"/run/user/1000/nyxt/nyxt.socket"
bwrap: No permissions to creating new namespace, likely because the kernel does not allow non-privileged user namespaces. On e.g. debian this can be enabled with ‘sysctl kernel.unprivileged_userns_clone=1’
Then I got this response:
jmercouris
7d

Thank you for your interest!

Indeed, you will need to run the command:

alternatively, you can try the flat pak :slight_smile:

Guix does not accept
as a valid command.

Do you know of a method to install nyxt3.0.0 on Guix? Have you sent the new release to the Guix Package folks?

You can use our build-scripts/nyxt.scm file to install it manually. Doesn't break this way, at least for me :slight_smile:

@drs53 the latest Nyxt version has just been added to Guix! Run guix pull and then guix install nyxt.

1 Like

Thank you for your response.

1 Like