Functionality similar to which-key?

I find it difficult to find and explore keybindings without something like which-key. Does something similar exist for Nyxt yet?

Are you aware of the command describe-bindings?

Personally, I’d say that helpers such as which-key would be classified as external Nyxt extensions. Notice that Nyxt doesn’t make use of complex prefix maps like Emacs does (C-c or C-x).

Are you aware of the command describe-bindings?

Thanks, that helps a lot.

Personally, I’d say that helpers such as which-key would be classified as external Nyxt extensions.

Makes sense.

Notice that Nyxt doesn’t make use of complex prefix maps like Emacs does (C-c or C-x).

Not as many, but I see several in describe-bindings, and I'd like to use it myself too.

Let me share some sources of inspiration in case someone reads this and will feel the itch.

Also, don’t forget that when you run M-x or C-space to call execute-command it’ll show you the keybinding and description for the command :slight_smile:

I’m using that a lot, I just got so used to not remembering/searching and discovering easy using which-key and mnemonic prefix maps. So I have - as my main prefix key, but at the next level, I have things like / for search, - for create and so on. And for each keypress, the menu is updated. C-g is always buond to “back” to get one menulevel up.

That’s a cool set-up you’ve got!

1 Like

I cannot take credit for it. I’m running Doom Emacs which has all the plumbing and lot’s of predefined bindings. I’ve just created lots of extra keymaps as menus. But it works really well. At any time, I can press C-h too to get a searchable list for larger menus. The screenshot is the same menu after pressing C-h and searching for “org”.