Custom mode per domain

Works for me, at least.

Can you share your config to try it out. Most probably I am doing something wrong.

Here you go: nyxt-config/init.lisp at c3dad08472edbbc11a1113fae730468955bfeaeb · aartaka/nyxt-config · GitHub

You should add auto-mode to the default-modes of buffer (or web-buffer) to enable it for every buffer. Otherwise, it’ll only get enabled in the buffer you enable it in, and not in those you open afterwards.

Thanks, I got it working but something doesn’t feel right.
That part that was missing from my configuration was the blocker-mode. If I don’t have blocker in the default-modes then the whole auto-mode thing breaks.

What works:

(define-configuration (web-buffer nosave-buffer)
    ((default-modes `(blocker-mode
                      auto-mode
                      ,@%slot-default%))))

If I remove blocker-mode it stops working again. Is this expected?

1 Like

That is not expected, and very odd, I have no such limitation in my config. Hmmm!

Indeed, it’s very odd. I tried the config above in isolation (an empty init.lisp with just that line). Adding/removing blocker-mode fixes/breaks things for me. FWIW, I am currently using: 2.1.0-4-g4dd621a9.

Hello. Same here auto-mode does not work on my end. Regardless if I use save-exact-modes-for-future-visits or save-non-default-modes-for-future-visits. Here’s my Nyxt-init-lisp file and here’s the auto mode rules lisp file. Nyxt version 2.2.3

New Edit: auto-mode does work now after adding blocker-mode in the default-modes. Thank’s to @iocanel

Do you encounter the same bug on 2.2.4?
@aartaka Any idea what’s going on with blocker-mode?

No idea and I cannot reproduce 0_o